We are pleased to inform you BTFA have regraded both our Tuesday and Wednesday night competitions. Both Mixed and Men’s competitions have been impacted with changes and we encourage your teams to review the online draw to ensure you are across the latest information. The committee has considered all requests by team managers and also reviewed match results to arrive at the fairest possible competition standard. Our goal is to recalibrate our competition to minimise the skill gap difference between the top and bottom performing teams.
- Tuesday mixed Division 1 will now be an 10 team competition.
- Tuesday mixed Division 2 will be a 12 team competition.
- Tuesday mixed Division 3 will be a 10 team competition.
Tuesday mixed will no longer have a bye round and represents an extra match for many teams.
- Tuesday mixed Division 1 will be played at 7:30PM
- Tuesday mixed Division 2 will be played at 6:40PM
- Tuesday mixed Division 3 will be played at 8:20PM.
Wednesday Mens Competition
Wednesday Men’s competition will be split into 3 divisions (Previously 2). – 1, 2 & 3 will be the new format.
- Men’s Division 1 will be played at 6:40PM.
- Men’s Division 2 will be played across both 6:40PM & 7:30PM timeslots. Priority for the 6:40PM time slot will be given to those 4 teams previously playing in Division 1 at 6:40PM. I’m working with individual managers on accommodating preferences.
- Men’s Division 3 will be played across both 7:30PM & 8:20PM. Please note, 8:20PM will be a backup timeslot for this division and from time to time we may need to allocate matches pending field and referee availability. Once again, I’ll work with individual managers on accommodating preferences where necessary.
Wednesday Mixed Competition
Wednesday Low Mixed will be played across both 7:30PM & 8:20PM. Fixtures have been completed up until round 14 and we’ve accommodated team preferences where possible.
State of Origin - Game time changes
In addition. as many of you would be aware, there is a deciding 3rd and final State of Origin being played this Wednesday night 18th November.
After careful consideration and a view to minimise anticipated team forfeits, BTFA has made the decision to reduce the round 6 match duration to 25 minutes. The commencement of the first timeslot will start 10 minutes earlier and subsequent timeslots will follow with a new start times (listed below).
For the purpose of avoiding ambiguity, round 5 Tuesday night will have no impact to the schedule and will be played as the standard format and timeslots.
Round 6 matches will be played continuous flow with no half-time. Teams will swap playing direction each time a try is scored.
|1st Time slot start time 6:30pm||Men’s Div 1|
|2nd Time Slot Start time 7:00pm||Men’s Div 2 & 3|
|3rd Time Slot Start time 7:30pm||Mixed Low|
The online draw has been updated please ensure you check for the latest information. time changes may happen from week to week within your allocated slots, please ensure to check your respective draw.